Breaking a bone can shatter your daily routine and smash your financial stability. But a Detroit broken bone attorney can help you pick up the pieces.
No matter how your injury came about, a broken bone can make performing the basic functions of life much more difficult. If your broken bone is the result of an act of negligence by another person, knowing what steps to take to get back on your feet can feel especially difficult.
But you may be entitled to a settlement. A Detroit broken bone lawyer with Christensen Law will work hard to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Facts About Broken Bones
Approximately 6 million people break a bone each year in the United States. A bone fracture may be characterized as any of the following types:
- Open Compound Fracture – This is a very serious injury in which the bone breaks through the skin or an object pierces the skin and goes into the bone.
- Oblique Fracture – This describes a fracture with an angled pattern.
- Transverse Fracture – This is a fractured bone in which the fracture is horizontal.
- Stable Fracture – Stable fractures are breaks in which the ends of the bone line up together and are barely out of place.
- Comminuted Fracture – A comminuted fracture is a serious injury in which the bone fractures in three or more places.
Causes of Bone Fractures
According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the most common cause of bone fractures is trauma, such as from a fall or a car accident. Someone else’s negligence could have caused your traumatic accident in several types of scenarios:
- Vehicle Accident – Whether your accident involved a car, motorcycle, boat, bus, or other vehicle, if someone else’s negligence caused the accident, you could be entitled to compensation. Common negligent driving behaviors include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and drowsy driving.
- Construction Accident – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has strict guidelines that regulate many aspects of the workplace. However, sometimes employers or property owners are lax with these regulations, which puts workers at serious risk. In 2015 alone, nearly 5,000 construction workers were killed on the job.
- Pedestrian/Bike Accident – More and more people are choosing eco-friendly forms of transportation. Unfortunately, this means that bike and pedestrian accidents are on the rise. If a negligent driver or third party caused your accident, you could be entitled to a settlement.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Business owners are required to maintain their properties according to state and local laws. Failure to do so can result in unsafe property conditions, which put visitors at risk of accidents.
The Value of Your Claim
While an insurance company is likely to offer you a lowball settlement after a bone fracture accident, a Detroit bone fracture lawyer understands the many financial hardships a broken bone can impose. An attorney with Christensen Law will work hard to get you a full settlement that accounts for the following damages:
- Lost wages and income opportunity
- Current and future medical bills
- Vehicle repairs (if needed)
- Intangibles like pain and suffering and diminished quality of life
Contact a Detroit Broken Bone Attorney
If someone’s negligence caused your bone fracture, don’t wait; contact Christensen Law today. Call 248-206-2500 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your consultation with a Detroit broken bone lawyer.