Bicycle accident fatalities and injuries impact thousands of people across Michigan each year, according to reports by the Michigan State Police. Unfortunately, these statistics are not likely to improve anytime soon. According to studies by the Western Michigan University and the National Safety Council, motor vehicle accidents cause nearly 70 percent of cyclist fatalities each year, and over 90 percent of bicycle crash fatalities occur on streets without bike lanes.
Despite promises by the Michigan government to improve cyclist safety across the state, many neighborhoods and streets throughout the Detroit area still lack dedicated bike lanes. This forces cyclists to drive in regular lanes with much larger vehicles like motorized cars and trucks – an often deadly journey.
Have you been injured or was your loved one killed in a bicycle accident on a street without a dedicated bicycle lane or any other area around Detroit? Are you suffering from medical bills, mental anguish, and other damages caused by your accident? If so, you might be entitled to substantial compensation. Christensen Law is here to help you fight for your rights.
Our dedicated bicycle accident attorneys have been serving Detroit and surrounding areas for more than 25 years. As demonstrated by our positive client testimonials and case results, Christensen Law is committed to helping victims pursue the best possible outcome in their cases. We provide clients with industry-leading legal skills, while also showing them the respect and personalized attention they deserve.
Don’t wait to stand up for your rights after a bicycle accident. Contact Christensen Law today to schedule your free consultation and get on the road to recovery. Call us right away or contact us online.
Do I Have a Bicycle Accident Claim?
To file a claim and recover compensation after a bicycle accident, you must prove that another party was liable for your accident and that their negligent, wrongful, or careless actions caused your injuries. Specifically, you must prove:
- The responsible party had a responsibility to protect you. For example, if a careless driver caused your accident, then you must show they had a responsibility to drive carefully and protect others on the road.
- The responsible party failed to uphold their duty to protect you by doing something reckless, wrongful, or negligent, such as texting while driving.
- Their negligence or wrongdoing caused the accident that led to your injuries.
- You have suffered damages because of the negligent or wrongful party’s actions.
How Our Detroit Bicycle Accident Lawyers Fight for You
Christensen Law is a full-service law firm. Some of the ways our compassionate and knowledgeable attorneys can help you after a bicycle accident include:
- Evaluate your case for free.
- Help you understand your legal options and give you the tools to make the best decisions for your personal situation.
- Fully investigate your accident.
- Collect evidence to support your claim.
- Determine liability for the accident.
- Provide deep knowledge and experience on laws, rules, and regulations that might impact your claim.
- Build a strong case to prove what caused the accident and the severity of your injuries.
- Calculate how much your case is worth.
- Negotiate with insurance on your behalf for a fair settlement.
- File a bicycle accident claim on your behalf and fight in court to help you recover maximum compensation.
- Answer any questions you have related to your case.
- Give you the support you need throughout this frightening situation.