When you’re pursuing justice for an injury, the severity of your injuries affects how much compensation you stand to receive. A Detroit serious injury attorney can help prove the extent of your injuries to maximize the value of your claim.
If you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury, your life is likely to be forever changed. Serious injuries can occur while you’re doing everyday things—driving to the grocery store, working on a construction site, or using common household products.
No one expects to experience a catastrophic injury like as a spinal cord injury, burn, or traumatic brain injury. If you’ve suffered such an injury because of someone else’s negligence, you may not be sure how to go about getting justice.
A Detroit serious injury lawyer with Christensen Law will fight to hold the negligent party accountable and get you the full compensation you deserve.
Types of Serious Injuries
Perhaps your injury resulted from a car accident with a drunk driver. You may have been injured on the job at a construction site because an employer did not maintain safe conditions or properly train employees. A defective product may have malfunctioned and caused your injury because a company did not properly warn consumers of the product’s dangers.
No matter the cause, a catastrophic injury can significantly alter your life. A Detroit catastrophic injury lawyer will have experience representing people who have suffered all types of serious injuries, including the following:
- Burns – Burns can lead to disfigurement and excruciating pain. Common causes of burn injuries include fire, exposure to unsafe chemicals or electricity, and scalding water.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – There are approximately 17,000 new spinal cord injury cases each year in the United States. The leading cause of spinal cord injuries is vehicle accidents. Spinal cord injuries can result in the loss of feeling or sensation below the injury site, chronic pain, and paralysis.
- Broken Bones – A broken bone can put you out of commission for weeks or months, depending on the severity of the break and the limb that’s affected.
- Brain Injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) contribute to 30 percent of injury deaths. Falls are the most common cause of TBIs, followed by being struck by an object.
- Lost Limbs or Amputations – Car accidents and other serious incidents can result in lost limbs or make amputation necessary.
What’s the Value of My Claim?
When you contact a Detroit serious injury attorney, he or she will determine fault by reviewing all the available evidence.
Determining fault is an important first step in your claim for compensation. After deciding who you should name in your claim, your attorney will help you assess what types of compensation you need.
Your serious injury attorney will seek a full settlement that accounts for all the financial hardships you face after a serious accident, which may include the following:
- Lost wages during your recovery and in the future
- Medical bills
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
Contact a Detroit Serious Injury Attorney
While the results of your accident cannot be changed, a Detroit serious injury lawyer will work to restore your peace of mind and get you the full compensation you deserve. Contact Christensen Law today by calling 248-206-2500 or filling out our online contact form at the bottom of this page.