If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) related to a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, it is imperative that you get the right kind of attorney. You need a specialist in Michigan’s complex No-Fault insurance law, and an expert in handling the tough issues surrounding TBI.
There are a lot of lawyers in Michigan who handle automobile accidents, some of them very well, but when it comes to Traumatic Brain Injury, car crash experience is not enough. TBI can be hard for lawyers to prove because:
- Victims Of TBI Don’t Always Look Disabled. They May Speak Clearly And Carry Themselves Well But Still Have Substantial Behavioral, Emotional, Or Occupational Impairments.
- The Classifications For TBI Are Misleading. Even “Mild” TBI, As Diagnosed Based On The Length Of Time The Victim Loses Consciousness, Can Result In Significant Disabilities And Lasting Impairments.
- Mild Or Moderate TBI Doesn’t Show Up On Most Diagnostic Tests Like MRI Or CT Scans, So Victims Of These Injuries Have “Normal” Neurological Examination Results.
So how do you know if you’re hiring the best? Before you sign a retainer agreement, ask your attorney these questions:
- Do You Only Handle Automobile, Truck, Or Motorcycle Accident Cases?
- How Many Years Of Experience Do You Have In The Field?
- Will You Make House Or Hospital Visits?
- Will You Return Phone Calls?
- Do Any Of Your Past Clients Recommend You?
- How Many Brain Injury Cases Have You Handled?
- Do You Hold Any Leadership Positions In The Industry?
- Have You Ever Spoken Or Written About Brain Injury Or Auto Accident Law?
- Are You Endorsed By Any Legal Organizations Or Attorney Rating Services?
- How Are Your Attorney Fees And Costs Paid?
If you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury, the right lawyer can mean the difference between scrambling to pay bills and getting the award you need. Before you sign a retainer agreement make sure your lawyer specializes in your type of injury. Contact the TBI experts at Christensen Law for a consultation today.