You can get the compensation you need after a big rig collision by working with a Jackson truck crash attorney from Christensen Law.
An accident involving an 18-wheeler could alter the course of your life forever. The physical injuries you’ve sustained in your wreck have probably resulted in excruciating pain and left you wondering whether you’ll ever recover. Will you be able to work again? If not, how will you survive?
When you’ve been seriously injured in a semi-truck crash, you will likely need to recover compensation not only for your current medical bills, but also for future medical expenses and the possible loss of your ability to work.
As overwhelming as all this sounds, you don’t have to handle it on your own—a Jackson truck accident lawyer from our firm is here to help you file a claim for compensation.
Determining Who Was Responsible for Your Jackson Semi-Truck Collision
When you’ve been seriously injured in an accident involving an enormous commercial vehicle, it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to determine what caused your wreck on your own. Determining fault requires investigation, and you may need someone who has the legal resources to gather evidence on your behalf.
Many different factors can lead to a truck wreck, and not all of them involve the driver of the semi-truck. Sometimes it’s the fault of the truck driver, but sometimes a third party could be involved.
Here’s an idea of what could have caused your Jackson 18-wheeler collision:
- Unsecured Load – When a truck is not properly loaded, it can tip or drop cargo onto the roadway.
- Poorly Maintained Truck – The mechanic, trucker, or trucking company could be responsible for failing to maintain the truck.
- Drowsy Driving – A trucker or trucking company could be to blame if the trucker was tired due to working too many hours when your wreck occurred.
- Speeding or Distracted Driving – The trucker could be held liable for reckless driving behaviors.
- Faulty Manufacturer-Installed Parts – The truck manufacturer could be to blame for installing defective parts.
Personal Injury Compensation for Your Jackson Big Rig Accident
Collisions involving large commercial vehicles will affect you in many ways. The physical injuries you sustain will require medical care, and that care can get expensive. Some injuries will take months or years to recover from, and in the meantime, you need to be able to afford daily expenses.
Below are examples of the damages you can receive compensation for if your Jackson truck crash claim is successful:
- All accident-related medical costs
- Damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
Consult with a Jackson Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
Recovering from a tractor-trailer accident can take a long time. The financial, emotional, and physical effects of your accident are likely too overwhelming to handle on your own. And you may not know what step to take next or who to turn to, but that’s where we come in.
A Jackson truck accident lawyer with Christensen Law can help you get the compensation you need after an 18-wheeler collision. It may be a long, hard road to physical and emotional recovery, but you don’t have to walk it alone. Call 248-213-4900 or fill out the form below to discuss your case with an attorney for free.