Large trucks are common on Warren’s roads, and that means truck accidents can occur at almost any time. If you’ve been hurt in a semi-truck accident, partner with a Warren truck crash lawyer.
A crash involving a semi-truck is almost invariably going to be serious. Large commercial trucks like 18-wheelers are extremely heavy vehicles, and they can do considerable damage to the average car or motorcycle.
It almost goes without saying that you probably need intensive medical care and serious compensation if you’ve been involved in a commercial truck crash. And when a trucking company or insurer approaches you, you might be tempted to take the first settlement offer that comes your way, but that could be a mistake.
The other side wants to pay you as little as possible, and initial settlement offers are often insultingly low. But by working with a Warren truck accident lawyer with Christensen Law, you can even the playing field.
We will take a stand against insurers and trucking companies to help make sure you receive compensation for your truck collision and all the hardships it has caused you.
Who’s at Fault for Your Warren Truck Accident?
Many parties could have played a role in your Warren 18-wheeler crash. Commercial trucking accidents can be complicated because many parties at many points in time could have done their jobs carelessly and left you vulnerable to a crash.
Here is a look at some of the common causes of semi-truck collisions in Warren, as well as who could be responsible in each case:
- Drowsy Driving – The trucker could be responsible for driving on too little sleep, but the trucking company could also be implicated if it forced the truck driver to drive for too long a period.
- Distracted Driving – If the trucker was texting, eating, or otherwise not focusing on the road, he or she could be held financially responsible for your damages.
- Unsecured Load – If a cargo loader was careless and the load fell onto the roadway to cause your Warren truck crash, you could name the cargo loader in your claim.
- Mechanical Failure – A malfunctioning part could be the fault of the manufacturer or the mechanic who worked on the 18-wheeler.
- Drunk Driving – Unfortunately, many motorists drive after they have had too much to drink, and that can include semi-truck drivers.
- Poorly Maintained Roads – Trucks are vulnerable to sharp curves, narrow lanes, and roadside construction. If a road hazard caused the truck that injured you to crash, you might be able to pursue compensation from the government agency responsible for keeping the roads safe.
Your Truck Crash Compensation
You can be compensated for more than just your vehicle loss and initial hospital bills. The following are some damages that can be covered in your Warren truck accident injury claim:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of income and future earning potential
- Physical and mental therapy
- Reduced enjoyment of life
- All medical expenses related to your truck accident
Speak with a Warren Semi-Truck Wreck Attorney
The serious injuries truck accidents cause can be physically and mentally overwhelming, and you may feel like you have nowhere to turn. If you are drowning in medical bills, stressed about your physical health, and anxious about your future stability, get in touch with an attorney who can win you the compensation you need.
A Warren truck accident lawyer with Christensen Law is here to reduce your stress and build you a successful injury claim. To see how we can help you, take advantage of the free consultation we offer to new clients. Give us a call at 248-213-4900 or fill out the contact form below.