It’s horrible for you to even have to ask whether you can bring a personal injury claim on behalf of a child. Unfortunately, the world isn’t always a safe place, and unless you keep your children in a bubble, they can be seriously hurt.
When your child is injured in an accident that could have been prevented, it’s only right for you to want to seek justice. Your child deserves compensation for any injury caused by negligence, and a personal injury attorney can help you get it.
Common Accidents Involving Children
Children can be injured in many of the same types of accidents that adults are injured in, and they can be injured in situations more specific to children. Here is a list of some of the common types of accidents children are injured in:
- Dog bites
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- School injuries
- Sports injuries
- Burn injuries
- Boating accidents
- Accidents involving defective toys
- Play equipment injuries
- Child abuse
Compensation for Your Child’s Injury
When you pursue compensation for your child’s injury, you will need to consider some unique items when filing your claim. Your child can be compensated for the following and more:
- Disability – A disability may impact your child’s future income-earning potential.
- Mental Anguish – Children are especially traumatized by accidents like dog bites and car crashes, and their emotional suffering should be accounted for.
- Growth – Children are still developing, and injuries can have a negative impact on their growth. Special services may be needed to ensure your child’s proper development.
- Medical Expenses – Medical treatment is likely to be ongoing, and your compensation can be structured so that future accident-related medical care is always provided for.
Speak with a Michigan Personal Injury Attorney
You didn’t want your child to be injured, and you and your child deserve to be compensated for all you’ve suffered. When another party’s negligence caused your child’s accident, the person responsible must be held accountable. Your child deserves justice.
Contact a Michigan personal injury lawyer with Christensen Law. We will fight for justice and fair compensation for your child’s suffering. To schedule a free consultation, call 248-213-4900 or complete the form at the bottom of this page.