Being hurt in a train accident can turn your financial situation into a train wreck, too. For help, team up with a Detroit train crash lawyer.
Trains are generally a safe way to travel, but they aren’t perfect. Every year, people are seriously injured in train crashes or by the malfunction of train features, such as automatic closing doors.
When a train accident has injured you, you may not know where to turn for the compensation you need. When you’re hurt in a car accident, you might look to your insurance company, but if a train crash hurts you, a Detroit train accident lawyer with Christensen Law can help.
The train companies have insurance companies and teams of lawyers to protect them from liability. Who is going to protect you?
We will investigate your accident and determine who was responsible for your injuries. We have the experience to take on the light rail and commuter train companies, and we’re ready to put that experience to work for you.
Factors That Lead to Detroit Train Accidents
When you’ve been hurt in a train accident, it’s difficult to immediately evaluate exactly what happened and who was responsible. You likely don’t have all the facts of the accident, even with your firsthand experience. You may not know what the engineer was doing or the condition of the train and tracks at the time of the crash.
Finding that information is extremely difficult for the average person. But your Detroit train accident attorney will know how to obtain all the facts and evidence and file the necessary paperwork to get you the compensation you’re entitled to.
Many different factors can play a role in Detroit commuter train accidents. The following are some of the top reasons for train accidents:
- Human Error – Engineer mistakes, such as speeding or failing to brake appropriately, are usually avoidable.
- Improper Railroad Maintenance – Failure to properly maintain the rail line, regardless of the type of train, can lead to serious accidents.
- Signal Issues – When signals aren’t working properly, train collisions can easily occur.
- Defects in Train Equipment – When a train is not in good working order, accidents can occur. The train must be maintained to ensure passenger safety.
Compensation for Your Train Wreck
Light rail companies have huge legal teams to defend them in the event of a train collision, so when you’ve been injured, you deserve to have a legal team helping you, too. Your attorney will scrutinize every detail of your case to help make sure you recover your losses.
Some of the Detroit train accident damages for which you could be compensated include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Damage to your valuables and other property
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages from missed work
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and other emotional trauma
- Diminished ability to enjoy life
Work with a Detroit Train Crash Attorney
Focus on getting healthy while your Detroit train accident lawyer from Christensen Law focuses on getting you compensation for your injuries and suffering. We offer a free, no-pressure consultation to new clients. Simply call us at 248-213-4900 or complete the form below to schedule yours.