At Christensen Law, we believe in fighting for the rights of accident victims. Let us fight for you so you can recover the compensation you need to move past your injuries.
If you’ve been seriously injured in an accident, you already know how difficult that is to deal with. You may be suffering from physical pain and emotional trauma from the ordeal, and worrying about how you’re going to pay for your injuries is a burden you and your family shouldn’t have to deal with.
Your injuries have probably already heaped medical bills into your lap, and that’s just the start. You’re missing out on work, and you could require caregiving services or physical therapy because of your injuries.
Working with a Sterling Heights personal injury lawyer from our firm may be just the solution you need. You can focus on recovering while we fight to get you compensated.
Common Personal Injury Cases
Accidents happen to all of us at one time or another, but not every accident will warrant a personal injury claim in Sterling Heights. Here are a couple of examples:
- Example A – If you walk into your neighbor’s front door and break your nose simply because you weren’t paying attention, you probably won’t be compensated for the medical cost to fix it.
- Example B – If you’re leaning on your neighbor’s upstairs balcony and you fall due to a loose railing that the neighbor knew about and neglected to fix, then you can file a personal injury claim to recover damages.
The difference between these two examples is that Example B involves negligence; the other is simply an accident. Below are some common personal injury case types, all of which can involve another person’s negligence as the cause of the associated injuries:
- Construction and other work accidents
- School abuse
- Dog bites
- Elevator accidents
- Wrongful death
Recovering Compensation for Your Injury in Sterling Heights
When you’ve been seriously injured in an accident involving negligence, you should be compensated for your losses. Injuries can lead to both monetary losses (economic damages) and non-monetary losses (non-economic damages).
Many people realize they can be compensated for their medical bills, but you might suffer many other kinds of losses that warrant compensation:
- Lost wages and the loss of your income-earning potential
- All accident-related medical expenses, including physical therapy, medications, surgeries, and others
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress, including post-traumatic stress disorder
- Permanent disability
- Caregiving and transportation expenses
A Sterling Heights Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
No matter what type of accident you were injured in, if it was due to someone else’s negligence, you may be owed compensation for all you’ve suffered. But you don’t have to file a personal injury claim on your own. You’ve got enough to deal with, so don’t spend your energy worrying about tricky legal details.
Let a Sterling Heights personal injury lawyer from Christensen Law help you. We can make this difficult time less stressful by handling all the legal paperwork and negotiations for you. Call for a free case review at 248-213-4900, or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.