Listening. Protecting. Winning. That’s what you can expect from us when you hire a Sterling Heights truck crash attorney.
Collisions involving large commercial vehicles are almost always going to result in serious injuries or death. These vehicles are so big and heavy that the damage they inflict to your person and property will likely impact you for years to come, if not the rest of your life.
If your truck accident involved the negligence of another party, you may be able to seek compensation for all of your suffering, including medical expenses, emotional turmoil, and physical pain, by filing a personal injury claim.
Hiring a Sterling Heights truck accident lawyer from our firm will give you a great opportunity to recover the compensation you need to pay for all you’ve lost.
What Is a Commercial Vehicle?
Semi-trucks come to mind when you think of commercial vehicles, but many other large trucks can inflict serious injury, as well, and these trucks are all over the place in Sterling Heights. The following are some examples:
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Moving trucks
- Concrete transfer trucks and cement mixers
- Mobile crane trucks
- Postal and private mail-delivery trucks
Who’s at Fault in Sterling Heights Commercial Trucking Collisions?
Sometimes, proving the fault of the other party in a commercial vehicle collision will be relatively easy. Take, for example, an accident involving a trucker under the influence of alcohol. The police officer responding to the accident could demonstrate in a police report that the blood alcohol content of the trucker proved impairment.
However, in most cases, the cause of an accident isn’t so obvious, and perhaps surprisingly, the fault doesn’t always rest with the trucker. In these cases, you may need an attorney who knows how to investigate an accident to prove fault. Here are some examples of what may cause a truck accident and who might be at fault for the crash:
- Improper Loading of a Truck – A loading company or other related party could be responsible.
- Poor Truck Maintenance – A mechanic or the trucking company responsible for maintenance could be at fault.
- Fatigued Truck Drivers – The trucker or the truck company (if it’s found that the company pressured the driver to work longer hours than allowed by law) could be help accountable.
- Lack of Driver Training – The trucker’s company could be responsible if it didn’t provide the driver with enough training.
- Speeding or Reckless Driving – The trucker would be responsible.
- Improper Road Maintenance – The government agency responsible for road maintenance could be held liable.
Call a Sterling Heights Truck Wreck Attorney
Semi-truck collisions are among the most devastating vehicle wrecks, often leading to permanent scarring and disability. Your life could be forever altered because of a truck crash caused by someone else’s negligence, and you need to be compensated so you can put this accident behind you and work toward a positive future.
Hire a Sterling Heights truck accident lawyer with Christensen Law. We have the experience to investigate your accident, determine fault, negotiate a fair settlement, or take your case to trial, if need be. Call us at 248-213-4900 or complete our website contact form below to schedule a free consultation.